Lesson Feesfrom $25.00 / 30 Minutes
Held the position of Lead Alto in CSUN Northridge A Band (2015-2018); performing with established Jazz musicians such as Wynton Marsalis, Anthony Strong, Bruce Forman, and Bob Mintzer.
Awarded the Angel City Jazz Young Arts Competition of 2015 in the group J-BAC
Performed as soloist with the Colburn Orchestra with singer, Michael Feinstein, and film composer, Mark Isham at Zipper Hall. (2015)
INSTRUMENTAL ASSISTANT MUSIC TEACHER, ROBERT A. MILLIKAN PERFORMING ARTS MAGNET; SHERMAN OAKS, CA — 2019-PRESENT
• Director of the Millikan Jazz “B” Band; Created curriculum teaching improvisation and fundamental musical concepts. Developed a set of music for Jazz big band competitions.
• Provided musical instruction to over 150 students individually, by section, and by ensemble; Personally instructed technical skills and repairs on woodwinds and brass instruments.
• Assisted and reached out to more than 120 students during “Social Distancing” teaching.
• Created musical demos and backing track for students.
MUSICAL INSTRUCTOR, THE TYLER PROJECT; SHERMAN OAKS, CA — 2019
• The Tyler Project is a month long summer arts Jazz program at Millikan Performing Arts Magnet where I assisted directing a Jazz combo and big band.
MARCHING BAND WOODWIND INSTRUCTOR, THOUSAND OAKS HIGH SCHOOL AND OAK PARK HIGH SCHOOL — 2017-2018
• Workshopped technical skills on saxophone, flute, and clarinet for students that ranged from beginner to intermediate; Developed a stronger tone in each section in regards to balance and intonation.
JAZZ COMBO DIRECTOR, WINDWARD SCHOOL; LOS ANGELES, CA — 2016
• Introduced improvisation to a beginning middle school Jazz combo; Developed a set of classic jazz pieces to perform at their school.
As an educator I am determined to adjust my lessons to each individuals needs. Growing up I heavily struggled with learning my first instrument (saxophone). At no point of my development did it come naturally to me. I had to learn how to take concepts and techniques that were way to big for me to handle, and break them down into small enough pieces that I could comprehend. From my personal experience and as a teacher I would like to stress my opinion that anyone can learn any skill they want to, by breaking down the steps into small enough pieces that will get you there.
I design a personal curriculum for each of my students and help them determine their goals that they can set and accomplish. As someone who appreciates all facets of music, I want to support any musical goals my students want to achieve. I have helped my students study classical repertoire, jazz improvisation, compose music, record and produce, ect. I create personal warm up sheets, arrangements, and backing tracks for my students to reduce any unnecessary purchases.