How Online Music Lessons Work
Lessonface connects students with highly qualified, excellent teachers for one-on-one and group classes over Zoom. All you need to use Lessonface is a computer or tablet with webcam and reliable Internet access. Watch this overview video for a more in-depth look into how Lessonface works.
How will we meet?
Over Zoom! You’ll need to have Zoom installed on your device, but no need to log in to a separate account. Lessonface will provide a link to connect you with your teacher. Zoom’s standard audio settings work great for most lessons. You can test your set-up before your first lesson. For higher quality sound, you can optimize your audio settings for music lessons.
Who teaches at Lessonface?
Lessonface teachers are highly qualified in their subject areas, passionate about teaching, and carefully vetted by Lessonface staff. Music and arts teachers have extensive experience teaching and pursuing their specialty full time, and many maintain impressive artistic careers alongside their teaching studios. Language teachers are advanced or native speakers of the language and have a teaching degree or relevant certification. Teachers who work with children have passed a background check, and Lessonface is a COPPA compliant organization.
How do I start?
Browse teachers by specialty or get matched with a teacher. Visit a teacher’s profile to read about their teaching style, experience, and methods. Many teachers include demo videos of their instruction and playing. From a teacher’s profile, you can reach out and send a direct message, schedule a free 15-minute trial lesson if available, subscribe to weekly lessons, or book one or a package of multiple lessons.
What else should I know?
• Time zones are converted automatically. Teachers’ schedules and your lesson times will appear according to your region.
• Lessonface has a 24-hour cancellation policy. You may schedule, reschedule, and cancel lessons up to 24 hours before lesson start time. After the 24-hour mark, you may not change a scheduled lesson.
• Lessonface hosts seasonal recitals and open mics for the community. These events are free and all students, teachers, and prospective students are invited to attend as performers or audience members.
• In addition to private lessons, Lessonface offers live online group classes in a variety of subjects and instruments.
• Visit the full FAQ.
• Contact us directly.
• Read more about our kid-friendly features.
• Learn about teaching through Lessonface.