About Teaching at Lessonface
Lessonface connects students with great teachers for live lessons and classes online. We recognize that great teachers make Lessonface work and have built a system that supports the best teaching talent. As a Public Benefit Company, a key component of our mission is treating teachers equitably. Equitable treatment is a central tenet of our overall approach, and specifically means that we keep our fees as low as we can so you can keep as much of the tuition as possible, we protect your time with ensured payments for lessons, and we enforce cancellation policies. The lasting relationships we have developed with many great teachers shows how we make good on this intention. We hope you will join us too.
Read our mission statement in full.
Read more about the teaching qualifications.
Read more about group classes.
Do you represent a school, festival, or other brand?
Would you be interested in offering a subject we do not currently list? Contact us.
Become a Teacher on Lessonface!
How Lessonface Works for You
- LocationBe anywhere in the world and teach from your computer, phone, or tablet. Spend no time commuting.
- RateYou decide your own price/rates per private lesson.
- ScheduleYou set your teaching schedule and the hours you want to be available.
- Verified ReviewsDemonstrate credibility with your student stats.
- PrivacyNo awkward in-home experience.
- PaymentPay is guaranteed for the private lessons you book through Lessonface. No worries about not getting paid and no need to message your students asking for payment.
- Record LessonsYou can give the students the option to record their lessons, which they can see through the Lessonface website only (no downloading or reposting is allowed).
- FeesLessonface fees are hard to beat: 15% of your private lesson rate for students who find you here, and only 5% if you recruit your own students.*
- CancellationLessonface enforces a 24-hour cancellation policy. If the student can’t make it or they forgot to cancel -- you still get paid.
- CommunicationCommunicate with your students through the Lessonface website. No Facebook messages or personal emails necessary.
The Lessonface platform is excellent and constantly improving, supporting you and making your online lessons run smoothly and professionally. For this, the Lessonface fee is 15% of the lesson tuition on private lessons booked by students who find you via Lessonface, and just 5% on students whom you recruit.*
Teach on Lessonface in 3 Simple Steps
1. Create a Profile
Set up your profile, highlighting your: background, credentials, rates, availability, etc.
2. Get Approved
Lessonface staff vets the profiles, making sure the teacher is a good fit for students in our system. Teacher qualifications vary based on the subject matter you are teaching. Check your qualifications here.
3. Start Teaching
Upon approval as a featured or private teacher, you are able to utilize the Lessonface system, including:
- Scheduling across time zones simplified.
- High quality video conferencing with optional lesson recording built in.
- Easily provide a valuable lesson experience by keeping your lesson notes, files, contacts, and messaging together.
- System enforcement of 24-hour cancellation/rescheduling policy.
- Payment guaranteed for completed lessons.
Featured and Private Teachers
There are two types of profiles on Lessonface.
Can be found by students searching at Lessonface.com, or directly referred by teachers and other students.
For running a more private lessons center. Students will only be booked if invited directly by referral.
How to Teach Online 101
Have more questions about how it really works? Check out our in-depth guide.
Start Teaching on Lessonface!
*Prior to the pandemic, the fee on private lessons with students recruited by teachers was 7.5%. In March 2020, we dropped the fee to 4% in response to the immediate need for online teaching options. We have slightly adjusted the referral fee to 5% as of January 1, 2022 to cover our costs of payment processing and Zoom fees for lessons with new students who join via teacher referral after that date. Students who joined during the 4% referral period will remain at the 4% rate for future lesson bookings. You can check out the complete terms here. Feel free to reach out with your questions and concerns.