Lesson Feesfrom $30.00 / 30 Minutes
Nicholas Santangelo was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and grew up in the neighboring communities across the Delaware River in Cherry Hill and Medford, New Jersey. After moving to Medford, Nicholas was accepted to Bishop Eustace Preparatory School, a prestigious private co-ed High School in the Tri-State area. While at Eustace, Nick won the Bishop Eustace Leadership in Music Award & The John Philip Sousa Award. The second being a national award to honor the top student in the high school band as it recognizes musicianship and outstanding dedication by one of the senior year members of the band.
Mr. Santangelo graduated from Rider University, located in Lawrenceville, New Jersey with Cum Laude Honors after successfully pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in History and a Minor in Film and Media studies.
A veteran of the Greater Philadelphia Area music scene, Nick Santangelo has performed in several bands garnering several local music awards for his outstanding drumming. In addition to teaching, Nick frequently works as a session musician for recording artists of all genres.
Bishop Eustace Leadership in Music Award & The John Philip Sousa Award.
The second being a national award to honor the top student in the high school band as it recognizes musicianship and outstanding dedication by one of the senior year members of the band.
Recipient of Non-local Top Drummer / Percussionist of the Year from Elephant Talk Magazine / booking - 2013, 2015, 2016
Head Drum Instructor, Pinelands Music Academy - Medford, NJ 08055 - June 2019 to Present
• Head instructor of Drums & Percussion. • Specialties: Rock & pocket drumming, jazz improvisation, compositional approach.
• Independence allotted amongst instructor!s scheduling of students. • Created curriculum & supplementary material for students.
Drum Instructor, Music & Arts - Marlton, NJ 08053 -
February 2021 to Present
Drum Instructor, Valotta Studios - Chester Springs, PA 19425-
September 2021 to Present
Drum Instructor, Stibol Music - Princeton Junction, NJ 08550 -
October 2021 to Present
Highly rudimental focused with an emphasis on many specialties, not limited to, but featuring, Rock, Metal, Funk, & Studio drumming, jazz improvisation, compositional approaches, the & foundations for success as an independent drummer.
- Rudiment sheet is mandatory for all students beginner, intermediate, or advanced. Regardless of knowledge of Rudiments, improvements
& theories behind these crucial points of drumming can be further worked on, discussed, & refined to alter & advance your playing.
For Intermediate Students
- Musical Studies for The Intermediate Snare Drummer by Garwood Whaley ( https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/jrp48---musical-studies-for-intermediate-s...) - Attached as PDF below.
- Contemporary Brush techniques by Louie Bellson - https://www.steveweissmusic.com/product/1240/245
For Advanced Students
- THE NEXT STEP 33 pieces for snare drum By Ritchie DeCarlo (https://www.amazon.com/NEXT-STEP-pieces-snare-drum/dp/1514671603)
- Jim Chapin advanced techniques for the modern drummer (https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/advanced-techniques-for-the-modern-drum...) - Attached as PDF below.
- New Breed by Gary Chester (https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/new-breed-gary-chester/1101758636?ean=9...) - Attached as PDF below.
Note once again, some of these books