Lesson Feesfrom $30.00 / 30 Minutes
I graduated from The Guildhall School of Music & Drama, London in 2018, with a degree in Jazz performance (saxophone). I received a first class (honours) and 'Final Recital Diploma' and I'm now performing throughout Europe as a band leader for The Goodbye Look and Sam Knight Quintet and as a sideman in a variety of other projects and ensembles, ranging in genre. I also write, arrange, recording and produce in studio sessions on a regular basis, as well as teaching music to all ages and abilities.
I'm a highly experienced saxophone teacher, performer and composer; I teach students of all ages and abilities covering Jazz, Classical, Pop, Soul and Rock saxophone, as well as Clarinet, Flute, composition and arranging & Music Theory.
I have an Enhanced DBS Certificate (UK)
Further information on my career can be found on my website at
My teaching style varies from student to student by tailoring my lesson to suit the needs and requirements of the individual. I tend to approach music in a holistic fashion - using a wide range of examples and styles to create a broad and rounded understanding of this incredible topic, with the student's instrument at the very center. Whatever the student wants to learn, I will teach it - drawing from my own knowledge, tastes and experiences.
• First Class BA Jazz Honours Degree from Guildhall School of Music in London
• Highly experienced session musician and composer; performing at venues such as Barbican Hall, Ronnie Scott's, Southbank Centre and the Bridgwater Hall
• Specialism in teaching Improvisation, Harmony and Composition - particularly useful for producers and artists
• Studied with some of the world's leading musicians including Chris Potter, Dave Leibman, Ben Wendel, Jean Toussaint, Gareth Lockrane, Christian Forshaw, Trevor Tomkins, Malcolm Edmonstone, Scott Stroman, Barry Green, Charnett Moffett & Julian Siegel.
In my lessons, we will cover:
• Sight reading
• Aural training / skills (+singing)
• Music Software skills
I don't recommend any Study Texts, this will be decided when I have an understanding of the student's level and their direction in music.