Simona for Sing!
Voice Teacher and Sing! Student Advisor ------> for a 15 minute Free Student Advisor Session click on the 15 minute consultation!
Sing! for Lessonface: Classical Vocalists Training Collective
Welcome! My name is Simona Genga and I am a Canadian Mezzo Soprano who is just starting to grow a private studio. I myself have just finished my training at the Studio Ensemble with the Canadian Opera Company and would love to offer my learnings and experience to you at whatever point in your musical journey you currently are in!
- Companies where I have worked include the Canadian Opera Company, Opera Theatre of Saint Louis, Highlands Opera Studio , Ravinia Festival and the OmniARTs Foundation.
- Programs I have participated in include the COC Studio Ensemble, Gerdine Young Artist Program (OSTL), Highlands Opera Studio, Ravinia Steans Music Fellowship, Chautauqua Voice Program, the Franz Schubert Institut, and Opera Nuova.
- Masters in Opera, University of Toronto and my BMus with an honours in Voice Performance at Western University.
- I am a proud recipient of Developing Artists Grants from the Sullivan Foundation, the Hnatyshyn Foundation, and the Jacqueline Desmarais Foundation and awards including Ruby Mercer Awards, the Barbara and Stanely Richman Award, 1st Prize and Audience Choice Awards at the COC Centre Stage Competition, the Norcop Song Recital Prize , an encouragement award from the MONCA Districts and to be listed on the CBC's Top 30 under 30.
- Specialties/ Interests include Bel Canto, German Lied, Italian, Musical Theatre, Art Song , Song Interpretation, Dramatic Interpretation, Recital Programming, Mahler, Berlioz and Verdi!
Whether you are a beginner looking to explore your voice and the basics of singing , a singer from any genre interested in learning classical techniques, or classically trained searching for an additional mentor I hope to provide you new insight on topics including the "bel canto " technique, song interpretation and dramatic presentation to inspire confidence in your artistry!
I am very holistic and want to make sure my students feel heard and supported. I also value transparency and honesty and wish to help encourage you artistically in order to meet your goals
Sing! for Lessonface is a collective of dedicated teachers and vocalists, collaborating to bring you personalized virtual vocal training.