The Ukulele Player Series
The Ukulele Player Series, a course created by Khabu Doug Young, organizes the basics of music and applies it directly to the ukulele in a fun, easy-to-follow program that gets you exploring the instrument and playing music right away. It's a self-paced course that includes videos, worksheets, and audio tracks for singing and strumming along.
The Ukulele Player Series is organized in two parts. Part 1 starts at the very beginning, and covers the parts of the instrument, how to tune, and the basics of strumming and playing. You will learn to play simple songs, and begin to put together melodies and chords. Part 2 goes further, of course, to exploring relationships between keys and chords, and leaves the player with the knowledge to play along or compose in multiple keys.
Ukulele Players can also engage Khabu for guidance in the course, by choosing one of the enrollment options that includes private lessons. The private lessons bundled with the course are all 30 minutes in length.
Includes 24 lessons, with detailed instructions that have:
- 8 videos
- 40+ pages of tab, notes, and more goodies
- 20+ audio files for you to strum and singalong
- Names of the ukulele parts and how they work
- What each hand does in order to produce sound
- Simple musical exercises for each hand
- How to read uke TAB
- How to play a major scale along each string
- A handful of classic melodies built on this major scale
- Another way to play a single string major scale
- More classic melodies that are built on this major scale variation
- How to build a single string minor scale and a song that uses this scale
- A variation on this minor scale and a song that's built on this variation
- How to transpose each melody from string to string to play it in four different keys
- How to play easy 1-finger chords, then adding 2-finger chords and 3-finger chords
- Simple strumming rhythms
- How to read chord diagrams
- Strumming & singing simple 1-chord songs, then 2-chord songs
- How to play these songs in different keys
- 7 videos
- 16 songs (14 major key songs, transposed through 5 keys; 2 songs in minor, transposed through 4 keys each)
- 78 play-along audio tracks
- Learn the 3 primary chords in all 5 open position major key centers
- Learn the 3 primary chords + 2 secondary chords in all 6 open position minor keys
- Learn 5 major scale positions & fingerings
- Learn 2 minor scale positions & fingerings
- How to translate single string melodies using open position scales
- Play both melody and chords (sepearately) for each song
IT'S TOTALLY GUARANTEED
If you try the Ukulele Player course and don't like it for any reason, let us know within 30 days of your purchase and we will refund your full tuition.
HOW IT WORKS
The self-paced course. The Ukulele Player Series is divided into two main parts. Complete beginners should start with Part 1. Those with some knowledge of the instrument and able to play basic chords can dive into Part 2. The complete Ukulele Player Series, Parts 1 & 2, will give a beginner or advanced beginner a really strong foundation of understanding so you can play your favorite tunes and jam along with friends. You will receive lifetime access to the Ukulele Player series course materials within one day of enrollment.
Khabu teaches ukulele, guitar, and improvisation for all instruments. He has held numerous workshops and clinics throughout Europe and North America, in schools such as Arizona State University (Phoenix), Bennington College (Vermont), California State University (Hayward), Denver University (Colorado), HSPVA (Houston, Texas), SUNY (New Paltz), University of Arkansas (Fayetteville), University of California (Santa Cruz), University of Northern Colorado (Greeley), Williams College (Massachusetts), Wichita State University (Kansas). View Khabu's complete teaching profile.