Syllabus for Vocal Precision with CeCe Sammy
RESERVE YOUR SEAT FOR VOCAL PRECISION WITH CECE SAMMY
MASTERCLASS ONE, 9/8/13: Part One: Vocal Technique and Vocal Performance
In this class, students will be introduced to tips and techniques used by professional singers - and learn how to develop a strong understanding of their voices. The exercises and tips introduced in this class applies to all genres of music whether its rock, pop, musical theatre or classical.
Introduction to Vocal Technique:
- A talk about the theory behind the technique and the science of the voice.
- Learn how to improve the strength and sound of your voice
- Tips and techniques for warming up, maintaining your voice, as well as ensuring the longevity of your singing voice.
- Vocal exercises
- Singing songs: applying the technique into the songs
MASTERCLASS TWO, 9/15/13: The Art of Auditioning
Whether you are auditioning for a record company, a band, a reality TV show such as "X Factor" or "The Voice" or whether you are auditioning for a musical theatre production, this session is devised to teach you everything you need to know about auditions. Students will be taken through the auditioning process step by step. What do music and entertainment experts look for in a performance and in an artist?
The following topics are examples of what will be discussed:
- Audition Do's and Don'ts
- Dealing with nerves, body language and confidence training techniques
- Choosing the right songs for auditions
MASTERCLASS THREE, 9/22/13: Stage and Performance
A brief introduction to the circles of concentration. This is a technique and a skill which is essential in understanding what makes a great performance. The correct mental and emotional mindset of the artist is explored. This includes the motivation, the intention and the focus of an artist.
Topics to be explored also include:
- Tips and techniques with regard to the live performance vs. recorded performance
- Dealing with stage fright/nerves
- Engaging with your audience.
- The art of still performances
- Performing as a group/band
MASTERCLASS FOUR, 9/29/13: Vocal Solutions Q& A
Students are invited to submit any questions that they want answered about singing, performing, the music industry and so on. Topics may cover anything from how to improve your singing, vocal maintenance and endurance, pitch, touring, recording and live performance techniques, breathing techniques, definitions of common terms used in singing and more...
- Sessions are one hour long, and held live to a limited viewing of people who have reserved a spot in the class.
- To attend, all you need is a decent internet connection and a computer or tablet (and of course to sign up).
- The live sessions will be recorded and viewable by enrolled students within 48 hours of the broadcast.
- Feel confident with the LessonFace guarantee. If for any reason you do not like the first session, we will refund you 100%.