Exploring Flamenco: Seguiriyas and Alegrias

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Leah Kruszewski
ModeratorInstructor
Exploring Flamenco: Seguiriyas and Alegrias

Hi all!  We're getting towards the end of the course so it's time to start thinking about how you'd like to arrange your solos.  Remember that it's best to play one or two compás between each falseta.  Share your videos here :)  

If possible, post in mp4 format .  If not, post anyway in mov and I'll convert for you. 

Looking forward to seeing and hearing your arrangements!

Leah

Eric J Fritsch
Eric J Fritsch

Thank you Leah for this platform and chance to share our music! I'll post a video here either today or tomorrow-Eric Fritsch

Eric J Fritsch
Eric J Fritsch

Hi Leah and everyone!  I'm still working on arranging my falsetas for Alegrias and Seguiriyas and I'll post videos of me attempting them soon, just for fun.  I've been working on trying to learn the Alegrias Escobilla from last class and have a long way to go, obviously as you'll see from this video.  I just recorded the first line and it's tricky! I know my rhythm is off and I need to slow it down when doing the beginning p i m a arpeggio. I'll keep on practicing!

-Eric Fritsch

Eric J Fritsch
Eric J Fritsch

Hi everybody, I've been working on Class 8, the Seguirias Llamada beginning part. tricky, but fun!-Eric

Lou DeGregorio
Lou DeGregorio

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been able to make class.  I did see Jarek's question about nails and had a recommendation for him to try that is fairly inexpensive.  Stringsbymail.com has a small kit of acrylic nails that glue on temporarily, it comes with glue dots and a set of nails of different sizes/widths to fit different fingers, you can cut to your liking.  This is only for possibly trying to see if you like using nails.  I found for myself to have gel nails works best.  I have to do them myself and it is a more involved process, but I like the sound and they feel like a real nail.  Something to try.  Hope to see you all in class soon.  

Leah Kruszewski
ModeratorInstructor

Lou, thanks so much for the tip!  I'll make sure Jarek sees it if he hasn't already :)

Eric, thanks so much for posting the video.  Really nice llamada :)  It's sounding very seguiriyas, great flamenco sound!

I do see the video in Safari, but you're right it's just audio in Chrome.  So it's the browser's problem, not your video's!  I'll look into it.  

Leah

Eric J Fritsch
Eric J Fritsch

Eric J Fritsch
Eric J Fritsch

Hi Leah and everyone,

I'm working on this Seguiriyas arrangement and thought I'd post here in the Forum, flaws and all. Still need a lot of work in the Alzapua department!!-Eric

Leah Kruszewski
ModeratorInstructor

These are terrific Eric!  I especially like the falseta, you're really getting the feeling of Seguiriyas.  Nice playing, thank you for taking the time to share :)

Leah

Eric J Fritsch
Eric J Fritsch

Thanks Leah!

Loading cart contents...
Load contents