Finding time to practice

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Keith Tu
Finding time to practice

Does anyone else struggle to find practice time? I know I do. That's why I bring my guitar with me to work to play on my breaks. Also I try to keep my guitars in every room around the house, ready to go (if electric, that means plugged in too!). What are some of the tricks you guys use to get in additional practice time?

Leah Kruszewski
ModeratorInstructor

Hi Keith, that's a great tip, if you have enough guitars!  I'm imagining guitars sprouting up in all corners of your home :)  

Ligia Silva makes some pretty awesome suggestions here that apply to any instrument.  One thing that helps many students is to recognize the power of a very quick (5 - 10 minutes) practice session.  Your guitars in every room can help with that! A quick practice session can mean can be playing through a scale a few times, working on a tricky chord change, or just playing a song or two that you already know well.  Take a few minutes a week to organize and think through how you can best use short windows of time. We don’t need to carve out a whole hour to make progress. That sort of thinking usually leads to procrastination and life getting in the way, because an hour seems like a long time to most busy adults.

Loading cart contents...
Load contents