Learn Something NEW

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rod Ferreira
Instructor
Learn Something NEW

The best way to stay motivated when playing an instrument is to ALWAYS learn something new!! It doesnt matter if it is a brand new song, a scale or  just a variaton of an old exercise/song!! You must keep your practice interesting by mixing things up! 

I know sometimes life gets in the way and it is hard to find time to practice but set a goal for yourself and stick with it. Your goal can be learning a new tune every day, week or month!

if you want to know how to create variations to old exercises to make them extra fun or a little bit more challening - Feel free to post them here and I ll be happy to check it out! * ROD

Leah Kruszewski
ModeratorInstructor

Learning something new is definitely a great way to stay motivated!  Along these lines, I recommend every musician take some time to play around.  Sometimes professionals and dedicated students become bogged down preparing for their next gig, learning a particularly challenging song, or working toward some other goal that their practice becomes more of a checklist than a passion.  Even if you've got an important project you're working on, you can afford to take 15 minutes and make up a short song, improvise along with a favorite recording, or sight-read some easy songs just for fun.   Not everything has to have an end goal, and it's important to relax with your instrument.  

Loading cart contents...
Load contents