Exercise for Building Vocal Strength & Stamina

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Phil McNeal
Exercise for Building Vocal Strength & Stamina

In this video tutorial, Lessonface teacher Nikiya Exantus demonstrates a highly effective exercise for developing vocal power and stamina while minimizing strain. With repeated practice, this exercise will enable you sustain long notes without compromising pitch or power. Check out the video below, and leave your thoughts and questions in the comments.

Want to learn more from Nikiya? Sign up for lessons on her booking page.

Thanks for sharing! Beautiful voice, Nikiya! 

Thanks for posting - really helpful as I start collecting exercise ideas for my students (and myself - we're always improving!).

All the best,
Jessica

Sonnie Sitz
Instructor

This is really useful, thank you for posting!

I especially like when she said "you don't ever want to force your body or push your body to do something that it doesn't want to do". This is SO important!
I have found with many of my students over the years that they often push their voices out in order to emulate the sounds of their favourite singers or artists, not realizing the potential damage they could be doing to their vocal chords. Being relaxed and using the proper techniques, whether it be for pop, opera, jazz or musical theatre is so important to ensure the longevity of your voice. 

Loading cart contents...
Load contents