MET Orchestra Musicians Master Class Performer Application
Apply to perform in the MET Orchestra Musicians Master Classes using the form below.
Viola: August 27, 2023 (for the September 17 live masterclass)
Violin: September 3, 2023 (for the September 24 live masterclass)
Trombone: January 14, 2024 (for the February 4 live masterclass)
Flute: March 30, 2024 (for the April 21 live masterclass)
• The Master Classes will be livestreamed via Zoom. Recordings of the Master Classes may be made available for viewing by Lessonface and the MET Orchestra Musicians. Performers will be required to sign a publicity release, which can be viewed here.
• There is no application fee, nor is there a fee for selected performers. Likewise, audience members will be able to view these Master Classes entirely free of charge.
• Successful applicants who are invited to perform in the Master Classes may perform any public domain* work from the standard repertoire, and will be asked to notify Lessonface of the work to be performed one week in advance of their scheduled performance.
• Up to three performers and three alternates will be selected for each Master Class.
* Most works published before 1928. See the link from Cornell University Library for information on works in the Public Domain in the U.S. as of January 2023.
Cornell: Copyright Term and the Public Domain in the United States
Performer Application Form
If you have any difficulties submitting the form, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.