The Embodied Voice
Our voice has the ability to gather and reflect great nuance and subtlety. In addition to providing a clear, embodied approach to freeing the voice, this class will explore the vast array of un-tapped vocal colors available to us when we explore the connection between emotion, breath and sound.
Topics covered (taught through a combination of lecture and exercises w/live student(s):
- The free voice: introduction to vocal alignment through the Systems of Breath, Articulation (vowel placement) & Resonance (directing the breath)
- Understanding the voice holistically: integrating/coordinating breath, body & voice
- Posture and body alignment: the body as the resonating cavity of the voice
- Opening the resonators and clarifying tone; vocal energy and projection
- Expanding our vocal pallet and sound imagination
- Connecting emotion to vocal color: opening the pathways to primal, deeply felt, human sounds
ABOUT BISAN TORON
Bisan Toron is an internationally acclaimed vocal artist and voice teacher. She studied classical voice performance at NYU and holds a masters in Ethnomusicology from the University of London, School of Oriental and African Studies. She did further studies in voice and improvisation with the Roy Hart-based company, Pantheatre in Paris, France. Her music is informed by a multitude of cultures and vocal traditions, which she threads with vocal articulations that arise from the moment.
Enroll to receive immediate, lifetime access to this 59-minute video-based course.
You may also learn more and save by bundling in two 30 minute private online lessons with Bisan, essentially getting the course for free.
This course was recorded May 2018 at the Lessonface studio in the West Village, NYC.
Watch this course at your convenience. You will receive immediate access upon enrollment.
HOW IT WORKS
After enrolling, you can watch this course anytime by logging in to your Lessonface account.
The class is also covered by the Lessonface Guarantee.