John C. Campbell
Learn with the instructors you love from wherever you are.
We're excited to offer online classes in cooking, fiber arts, music, dance, painting, woodworking and writing. Join instructors from John C. Campbell Folk School for classes that can be enjoyed from the comfort of your home.
Fall Sessions Now Available
- Stitch a Flower Pin Cushion with Laura Berlage (Sept. 10)
- If Our Quilts Could Talk with Annie Smith (Sept. 16) (FREE)
- Felt on a Bar of Soap with Laura Berlage (Sept. 23)
- Embroider a Corner Bookmark with Laura Berlage (Sept. 30)
- Learn to Design Weaving with Fiberworks with Jennifer Weber (Oct. 16–Nov. 13)
- Sashiko: Decorative Japanese Mending Embroidery with Penny Morgan (Oct. 21 & Oct. 28)
- Scandinavian Loom Beading, Level-1 with Laura Berlage (Nov. 2-Nov. 30)
- Foundations in Free-Motion Quilting with Teri Lucas (Nov. 2-Dec. 6)
- Intro To Needle Felting with Joan Slack (Nov. 4)
- Introduction to Tapestry Weaving, Level-1 with Laura Berlage (Nov. 5-Dec. 17)
- Painting with Wool with Joan Slack (Nov. 11)
- Fine Point Punch Needle Rug Hooking, Level-1 with Laura Berlage (Nov. 17-Dec. 15)
- Intro To Needle Felting with Joan Slack (Dec. 2)
- Painting with Wool with Joan Slack (Dec. 9)
- Edges Bordering on Perfection: An Introduction to Knitted Borders with Margaret Radcliffe (Dec. 12)
Writing & Storytelling
- Writing From the Heart with Bobbie Pell (Oct. 16-Nov. 6)
- Communications for Creatives: Developing Assets That Represent Your Work with Jennifer Reis (Nov. 3 & Nov. 4)
- Plot the Path of a Memoir with Carol Crawford (Nov. 4 & Jan. 27)
- These Haunted Hills: The Art of Sharing and Creating Creepy Stories and Poetry with Lyn Ford (Nov. 13-Dec. 4)
- Storytelling Performance: Learning the Story with Bobbie Pell (Nov. 14-Nov. 28)
More About the Classes
- Click the class links above to see complete details for each class, and feel free to contact us with any questions. We are available seven days a week.
- Student attendance will all be online.
- Students can connect to the online classes using most any tablet or computer with reliable internet.
- Most of the classes will be recorded. Those classes will be available for access by enrolled students for 30 days following the live class.
- To cancel an enrollment or request a refund, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For 30+ days before, we refund 95%. Between 30 and 5 days, receive a 75% refund. No refunds within 5 days of class start date. Materials kit fees are non-refundable.
- Optional Orientation and Closing Ceremony hosted from the Folk School campus will be offered for all classes that students can attend online.
- Many John C. Campbell Folk School instructors are available for 1:1 online lessons.