About Therapeutic Guitar
This class profiles the use of the guitar, both classical and acoustic, as a therapeutic tool for relaxation, stress relief and general wellbeing of the player and listener. We will explore tempos, modes, tunings and their use in therapeutic guitar. We will discuss the difference between performance and non performance music. You will learn the benefits of music on stress, breathing and other aspects of health including entraining to your own music, and using modes to calm the mind.
This course is for the benefit of those taking the class and those who take the class may not use the title of Therapeutic Musician, as that is a different curriculum.
- Understanding what therapeutic music is as compared to performance music, and how the player/listener can benefit from therapeutic/meditative music.
Including the physical benefits.
- Understanding pulse tempo and entrainment as it applies to music and how this applies specifically to the acoustic/classical guitar.
- Understanding nonrhythmic music and how to play in nonrhythmic or rubato style and how it effects the player listener. Both simple melody only lines and chord progressions.
- Resonance, drones and tuning. Using the voice to determine what tone you resonate with. Use of drone notes to create simple, improvised melodies in both pules tempo and non rhythmic styles.
- Putting together a routine or schedule that allows you to enjoy the benefits of therapeutic guitar playing. How long it takes you to feel the effects ?
- Discussion of how this can benefit you and setting expectations. Processing questions.
Teens and Adults
Intermediate to Advanced
Watch To Learn More
Enroll for the Lessonface Pass to gain access to this live online class and hundreds of others, or use the dropdown menu to enroll in only this class.
Weekly 45-min sessions on Tuesdays, at 7 pm ET | 4 pm PT.
(Convert to my time zone)
Enrolled students receive lifetime access to the video recordings of the classes.
See the class schedule below.
Already a Pass Holder? Click here >>
How It Works
Enroll from this page and we will send you the Zoom link to join. Students can connect to the live session using a tablet or computer with reliable internet. To actively participate online students also need a webcam with microphone. The class recording will be available to enrolled students within 48 hours of the live session. The class is covered by the Lessonface Guarantee.
Join the Lessonface Master Pass for access to over 300 live interactive group online classes a month! Enroll for your trial month from this page for $10, then it's $35/month. It's easy to cancel anytime. Find more Lessonface Pass benefits and pricing options >>
Book 1:1 online lessons with David Antonio on their Lessonface profile.
I've been playing the guitar for over 40 years and have experience in teaching school age students as well as adults. I also have experience working with those with special needs. Over time I have learned various styles and techniques for guitar, it is my main instrument. I am fluent in Standard Tuning, Alternate Tunings, Blues Guitar, Jazz Guitar, Finger Style Guitar, Slide Guitar, Improvisation, Modes and Theory. I taught private lessons for 20 years at Bachman School of Music in Boyertown PA. I taught general music at BuxMont Academy , an alternative school for at risk students for 9 years. After this I received certification in therapeutic music from the Harps Fo...