Renting cellos (and other string instruments)

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Catherine Bent
Instructor
Renting cellos (and other string instruments)

Hi Everyone! I'm Catherine Bent, cello teacher and Berklee professor, relatively new on Lessonface, actually :) People from all over have asked me how and where to find a cello for their beginning or intermediate studies (and even beyond). Buying a cello is often not an option (and please do not buy one on ebay!!!!! Message me first if you have any temptation :)

I want to share my opinion, based on 18 years of experience working with this company. Even when I worked and taught in New York City, I still did all my rental business with Johnson String Instruments in Newton, MA. Their business has grown since then, but is still family-owned, and has expanded to add higher level professional instruments, and electric instruments, without sacrificing their superb rental fleet and service. They are sympathetic to the needs of the young player as well as the developing adult player. They have all the accessories and sheet music that you could wish for, and frequent sales (join their mailing list for even more discounts). 

www.johnsonstring.com
I have no affiliation or interest with them, I just think they are an amazingly good resource. The best quality rental instruments that I have ever seen, and a great customer service team.  Also they are very supportive of teachers, and give some discounts on music etc.

Happy playing!
Catherine

Catherine Bent
Instructor

If anyone has found other places outside the northeast area, please do share that information here! I am impressed with how wide an area johnsonstrings are able to service, but I don't want to take business away from local companies who are providing this service well.

Catherine Bent
Instructor

Johnson Strings is having a special event for string instrument rentals in the area, Tuesday September 17, staying open till 8pm exclusively for renters.

https://www.facebook.com/events/380109129589469/?notif_t=event_calendar_create&notif_id=1568126267491633

Loading cart contents...
Load contents