Summer Flamenco Showcases

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Leah Kruszewski
ModeratorInstructor
Summer Flamenco Showcases

Hey students of 'Rhythm and Rasgueos for All Guitarists' and 'Exploring Bulerias'!  We'd love to see what you've been learning this summer.  Please share a video of some of the music you've been most enjoying playing this summer.  Doesn't have to be long or fancy.  Anywhere from 30 seconds to 5minutes is great.

Looking forward to hearing you play :)

PS, .mp4 format works great in all browsers on the forum.  At the moment .mov doesn't show up in chrome, but if posting a .mov file is easiest for you, go ahead and post it, and I'll convert it for you as soon as I see it.

PPS - if it's your first post ever on the forum, I'll have to approve it first (to prevent spam), so don't worry if it doesn't show up instantly.  After that you'll be able to post immediately. 

Frank Hsu

Good afternoon Leah,

Attached is my attempt at Tarantas of Lesson 8.

Frank

Leah Kruszewski
ModeratorInstructor

Thanks so much for sharing Frank!  You've got a great grasp on the left hand chord shapes.  You're playing the rasgueos very carefully and seem very aware of how many times you want to play a rasgueo on each chord shape.  That should give you a solid foundation for the next step, which is speeding it up, relaxing, and letting things flow :)  Thanks for being a part of the class and to take the time to record and share!

Teri Wright

Here is my attempt at a Rumba.  I see my thumb needs to be more attached to the guitar but it's coming along!

Harry Piperakis

From Lesson 3 - Example of Farruca Compas.

neil gader

My five finger rasgueos Solea campas. Still needs to loosen up and be more relaxed but it's getting there!

Leah Kruszewski
ModeratorInstructor

This is terrific Teri!  You've really got the hang of rumba rhythm.  Even better, it looks like you're having fun, which is the most important.  Thanks so much for sharing!

Leah

Leah Kruszewski
ModeratorInstructor

Harry, your Farruca sounds excellent.  That's exactly the right feel for five-stroke rasgueos leading into the beat.  

And Neil, likewise, I loved hearing your Solea compás.  You're improving a lot, that's great to see.  Remember to keep your right hand fingers tucked in rather than loose/extended when they're waiting for their turn to play, and that the index finger 'down-up' on beats 3, 6, and 9 plays eighth notes (so feels a little slower).  Terrific playing, and thanks for sharing!

Thanks to everyone who's shared so far, I loved teaching both flamenco classes this summer, you all have been great students.  

Look forward to more videos :)

Jack Baumann

Avin Rekhi

Hi Leah, here is my rendition of Rumba, thanks for another great series of classes

Leah Kruszewski
ModeratorInstructor

Hi Jack and Avin!  I know I've spoken to both of you individually about your videos, but just wanted to say for all to hear: excellent playing both of you : )  All the practice and effort you've been putting in is really paying off, it's great to see.  Thanks so much for sharing your music with us!

Leah

Loading cart contents...
Load contents