Alternative fingerings for the Flute

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kate Hicks
Instructor
Alternative fingerings for the Flute

Hello! We woodwind players have very busy fingers, and sometimes our fingers have to play certain note combinations that feel "annoying" and somewhat "impossible" to play (especially when played repeatedly and fast!).

So, welcome to the world of Alternative Fingerings for the Flute. My video provides a great resource and examples of OTHER ways to play certain notes, so that your music is easier and more fun to play. Give yourself permission to close your eyes to the standard fingering charts, and explore this musical knowledge for your woodwind instrument that your band teachers rarely have time to teach.

I imagine that every woodwind instrument has alternative fingerings!

* For the alternative Bb fingering, I have a Youtube channel lesson on just that. It's worth a look!

Enjoy!

Kate Hicks
Instructor

Liam Murphy
Instructor

Great content!

Your post inspired me to make a clarinet equivalent for my students :)

Thanks!

Kate Hicks
Instructor

Hi Liam,

Thanks for watching the video!. I think alternative fingerings deserve more attention than they get. They sure have saved me in many musical passages. Case in point: I have an orchestra concert with a knarly piccolo solo that can pretty much only be done with alternates :0---at least for me!

Enjoy making your video. It will be appreciated!

Kate

Loading cart contents...
Load contents