MET Orchestra Musicians Master Classes
Lessonface presents a series of free live online Master Classes with MET Orchestra Musicians.
In each of these upcoming Master Classes, members of the MET Orchestra will give performance feedback to selected advanced-level students. Musicians of all levels and classical music fans alike may view the live interaction of the panelists and performers in real time, over Zoom video conferencing. Viewers may also submit questions ahead of time for the panelists to address in the live sessions.
We are now accepting applications for advanced-level performers in the September and October Master Classes for trumpet, clarinet, cello, and flute. Find more information and apply here.
The Master Classes will be held on Sundays at 4 p.m. EDT on the following dates with the panelists listed.
• August 16: Violin: Nancy Wu, Wen Qian, Sarah Crocker Vonsattel.
• August 30: Violin: Qianwen Shen, Ann Lehmann, Garrett Fischbach.
• September 13: Trumpet: David Krauss, Billy R. Hunter, Jr., James Ross, Raymond Riccomini.
• September 27: Clarinet: Anton Rist, Dean LeBlanc.
• October 4: Cello: Jerry Grossman, Joel Noyes, Kari Jane Docter, Julia Bruskin.
• October 25: Flute: Chelsea Knox, Seth Morris, Maron Anis Khoury, Stephanie Mortimore.
Completed Master Class:
• August 2: Violin: Sylvia Danburg Volpe, Catherine Ro, Katherine Fong.
Master Classes are planned for the following dates and instruments, with panelists TBA.
Nov. 8: Horn
Nov. 22: Double Bass
Dec. 6: Oboe
Dec. 20: Piccolo
2021 Master Classes:
January 3: Trombone
Jan 17: Bassoon
January 31: Viola
Feb 14: Harp
Feb 28: Timpani
March 14: Tuba & Bass Trombone
March 28: English Horn
April 11: Bassoon & Contrabassoon
April 25: Percussion
May 9: Violin
It's free to watch live! Enroll above and we will send you the link to join.
How It Works
Viewers can join the live event using a computer or mobile device. The live sessions are also recorded and will be made available for later viewing on Lessonface. Applicants selected to perform in the Master Classes will be asked to test their internet connection, webcam, and microphone with Lessonface staff 48 hours prior to the scheduled start time. Learn more about applying to be a performer in the Master Classes here.
About Lessonface, PBC
Since 2013, Lessonface has connected more than 10,000 students with over 1000 great teachers for live music & language lessons online, delivering on our mission to help students achieve their goals while treating teachers equitably.
- Signed up already? Click here.