MET Orchestra Musicians Master Classes
Lessonface presents a series of free live online Master Classes with MET Orchestra Musicians.
In each of these upcoming Master Classes, members of the MET Orchestra will give performance feedback to selected advanced-level students. Musicians of all levels and classical music fans alike may view the live interaction of the panelists and performers in real time, over Zoom video conferencing. Viewers may also submit questions ahead of time for the panelists to address in the live sessions.
We are now accepting applications for advanced-level performers in the Master Classes for percussion, tuba, English horn, and violin. Find more information and apply here.
The Master Classes will be held on Sundays at 4 p.m. ET on the following dates with the panelists listed.
* April 25th's master class will be held at 8 p.m. ET.
• August 2: VIOLIN: Sylvia Danburg Volpe, Catherine Ro, Katherine Fong.
• August 16: VIOLIN: Nancy Wu, Wen Qian, Sarah Crocker Vonsattel.
• August 30: VIOLIN: Qianwen Shen, Ann Lehmann, Garrett Fischbach.
• September 13: TRUMPET: David Krauss, Billy R. Hunter, Jr., Raymond Riccomini.
• September 27: CLARINET: Anton Rist, Dean LeBlanc.
• October 11: CELLO: Jerry Grossman, Joel Noyes, Kari Jane Docter, Julia Bruskin.
• October 25: FLUTE: Chelsea Knox, Maron Anis Khoury, Stephanie Mortimore.
• November 8: HORN: Eric Ralske, Brad Gemeinhardt, Anne Marie Scharer, Barbara Jöstlein Currie.
• November 22: DOUBLE BASS: Rex Surany, Leigh Mesh, Brendan Kane, Kingsley Wood.
• December 6: OBOE: Elaine Douvas.
• December 20: PICCOLO: Stephanie Mortimore, Koren McCaffrey.
• January 3: TROMBONE: Demian Austin, John Romero, Weston Sprott, Denson Paul Pollard
It's free to watch live! Enroll above and we will send you the link to join.
How It Works
Viewers can join the live event using a computer or mobile device. The live sessions are also recorded and will be made available for later viewing on Lessonface. Applicants selected to perform in the Master Classes will be asked to test their internet connection, webcam, and microphone with Lessonface staff 48 hours prior to the scheduled start time. Learn more about applying to be a performer in the Master Classes here.
About Lessonface, PBC
Since 2013, Lessonface has connected more than 10,000 students with over 1000 great teachers for live music & language lessons online, delivering on our mission to help students achieve their goals while treating teachers equitably.
- Signed up already? Click here.