Glass Hollow beads and vessels

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vicky Thompson
Glass Hollow beads and vessels

This  week I took the Campbell glass bead class led by Terry Hale and Marjorie Langston.  I've been making lampwork beads for 10 years but every time I've tried to make hollow beads or the more complicated hollow vessels, I've failed spectacularly.  Because they're difficult to make, I expected to have some very moderate success.  However,  I achieved more than that.  Terry and Marjorie started us out with the basics and then built on them with each demo.  I am so pleased with the beads and vessels I made.  The virtual format is wonderful for me because there's no crowding around with other people to see demoes.  Each student has a close up view. 

I hope the Folk school continues these virtual format learning opportunities even after Covid is gone.  I do also love coming to Campbell for hands on classes too.  I think it's good to have a mix of both available to learners.

Thank-you to Marjorie and Terry and to the folk school.

Terry E. Hale
Instructor

Thank you so much for your kind words and for being an integral part of our class, Vicky! We certainly enjoyed our demos and discussions. In addition, we're proud of how everyone in the class took on the challenges. Seeing your work each day was a real treat for us. I also hope the Folk School continues working with Lessonface to offer classes online as it's such a fantastic way to offer instruction. 

Kudos to you for all our successes this week! :)

Loading cart contents...
Load contents