Best process for multiple family members

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Terry Smith
Terry Smith
Best process for multiple family members

I guess this is the most appropriate spot for this. I have several families I would like to bring over to Lessonface  where I teach multiple family members. It seems like they would have to go through the booking process for each family member under one account (it's one form of payment). Does anyone have a better process idea?

Leah Kruszewski
ModeratorInstructor

Hi Terry, maybe you've solved this already... in my experience it depends on the way they're taking lessons.  I have two young sisters take lessons, and they always split the one hour into 2 30-minute parts, under the same account.  Their mom helps with practice and the lesson notes I write are more for her than for the kids.   So it's fine to book them under one name.

But if it's family members who are taking independently, like on separate days, different levels, etc., I'd recommend having each one register under their own name.  I don't know what that involves technically for them as I don't see that side of things.  But from our teacher's perspective, it's super helpful to be sure who you're going to be teaching each class, and not have to keep track of it, especially if someone reschedules, etc.

DId you end up working out a good process for your students? 

Terry Smith
Terry Smith

Thanks for your comments. What I told one family is to schedule 2 separate lessons per week.  I would love to combine those, however, I only teach 30-min lessons so I don't think I can schedule a 60 min lesson just for them.

I currently have 3 families with multiple students in each family. I've only put 1 family on Lessonface so far, but want to get everyone on soon.

Olivia Pasquarelli
Olivia Pasquarelli

Hi Terry! Olivia from Lessonface support here. 

For multiple students in one family, I recommend that family making one account with child accounts under it. This means they can switch views for each kid's schedule and book lessons under each kids name accordingly, but pay for the lessons together in one place. 

Other solutions are purchasing one lesson and splitting them in half so the student switches halfway through, or booking multiple back to back lessons from the same family. I've seen each solution work great for different families, depending on their needs. 

Feel free to send the families to our support channels, via phone, email, or chat, and we can help them out setting up their account in a way that works best for them. 

Terry Smith
Terry Smith

Interesting. I didn't see anything about being able to do child accounts. Okay, I will direct them to you when they come online. Is it difficult for them to do that? I saw nothing in FAQs.

Olivia Pasquarelli
Olivia Pasquarelli

Here is all the information about this topic: 

https://www.lessonface.com/parents

Loading cart contents...
Load contents