Do you use Practice Logs in your Lessons?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Leah Kruszewski
ModeratorInstructor
Do you use Practice Logs in your Lessons?

Calling all teachers, students, and parents!

We’d love your input on how you use practice logs in your lessons.  Feedback from recent surveys has shown interest in a practice log shared between students and teachers.  We’d like to know more about your needs and wants for logging practice.

Teachers, do you ask your students to record their practice?  What items do you ask them to make note of?  For example, time practiced, goals, what they accomplished, how they felt, etc.?  Do you ask all your students to complete practice records, or just certain ones?  If it’s just certain students, what is the criteria?  Certain age groups or musical goals, for example?

Students and parents of young students, do you record your/your child’s practice?  What items do you record?  Does it help you stay motivated?

For anyone who hasn’t run across them yet, Lessonface already has a Practice Log for Kids and a Practice Journal for Adults available on our Free Learning Tools page.  Download them and share them with your students if you haven’t already.

What we’re considering currently is how to convert something like these practice logs into an app or shareable document that both teacher and student have access to.

Please let us know how you currently use practice journals in your lessons, and what you would find useful in a practice log app on Lessonface.  We look forward to hearing from you!

Leah

Emily Farmer
Instructor

I think it's so important for younger students to give them a clear list of what they are supposed to be working on. It helps the parents guide the practice sessions (for those students who still need that). For my own practice, giving myself a "checklist" of pieces to work on and then slowly checking them off is very motivating. Thank you for these templates, Leah, they look great!

Leah Kruszewski
ModeratorInstructor

Hi Emily, thanks for the reply, and for sharing what works for you and your students.  Glad you liked the practice log templates!

Leah

Loading cart contents...
Load contents